- The Houston Chapter of the
Human Factors and Ergonomic Society serves Houston and outlying areas.
- Our membership includes people in varied disciplines such as Aerospace,
Human-Computer Interaction, Education/Training, Health Care, Ergonomics, Safety, and more.
- Members are part of organizations such as NASA, Lockheed Martin, Schlumberger, Hewlett Packard, local universities such as Rice and
University of Houston, and many others.
- Houston HFES hosts several events throughout the year.
- If you would like more information about our group please contact the current president
or if you would like to become a member we would
be happy to have you as part of our organization.
New Date: Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Quarterly meeting : Mark Riddell
- New Visualization Opportunities in Oil and Gas
Thursday, March 13th, 2014: starting at 6.30pm
Thursday, March 13th, 2014:
Dinner starting at 6.30pm
Presentation starting at 7pm
| The campus of Rice University (Room 303 Sewall Hall)
Please join us on
Thursday, March 13th, 2014: Mark Riddell of the TMG
Communication and Human Performance Network will be talking to us
visualization methods.Mark will outline three opportunities to use
visualizations to improve worker performance and lower operational risks
in oil and gas.
These visualization projects are focused on the
role of cognition and individual conceptualizations of work or task
domains, and how visual representations can be used to influence
communication, performance, and knowledge transfer. Opportunities to use
visualization methods to improve risk management and safety programs
will also be presented.
The meeting will be held Thursday, March 13th, 2014
on the campus of Rice University, please save the date
Please RSVP to Philip Kortum (firstname.lastname@example.org)
so that we can order enough food.
We hope to see you there!
Home | About HHFES |
Events | Membership |
Resources | Contact Us
© 2012 by Houston Human Factors and Ergonomic Society, Houston, TX